Machining with a Customizable Multi-Segment Drill Cycle
Mastercam 2021 features a new toolpath, Advanced Drill.
Advanced Drill is a customizable multi-segment drill cycle that is useful for spot drilling, deep hole drilling, and back spot facing. Each segment of the drill cycle can be defined in a table on the toolpath's Cut Parameters page.
For each segment, you can customize any or all of the following conditions:
- Define individual pecks within the segment, including retracts to simulate a chip break cycle.
- Set the feed rate or choose rapid motion.
- Change the spindle speed and direction.
- Turn coolant options on or off.
- Add manual entry comments or code.
- Fine-tune the order in which the commands are output.
Like other drill operations, you can use the Tool Axis Control page to choose 3-, 4-, or 5-axis output. Choosing 4-axis or 5-axis output gives you access to additional multiaxis features, like Safety Zone.
Advanced Drill is located in the 2D gallery on the Mill Toolpaths contextual tab.